The Asociación Iberoamericana de Facultades y Escuelas de Derecho – Sui Iuris was created in 2012 by a group of educational institutions – including FGV Sao Paulo Law School – to establish a permanent project of international collaboration between Iberoamerican Law Schools.
Sui Iuris is a space for independent and open dialogue about legal issues related to Law teaching, to encourage the improvement of colleges and Law Schools in the Iberoamerican space, and to foster the creation and development of a shared space for the mobility of students and professors.
Sui Iuris also promotes the collaboration and creation of joint research groups of excellence, and establishes connections with organizations that encourage similar goals in other institutional environments or geographic areas.
See below the institutions that are part of Sui Iuris.
- FGV Sao Paulo Law School (Brazil)
- Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona – UAB (Spain)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid – UAM (Spain)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M (Spain)
- Universidad Pompeu Fabra – UPF (Spain)
- Universidade de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Universidad Nacional del Litoral (Argentina)
- Universidad de San Andrés (Argentina)
- Universidad Torcuato de Tella (Argentina)
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro - PUC-Rio (Brazil)
- Universidad de Chile (Chile)
- Universidad Diego Portales (Chile)
- Universidad de Valparaíso (Chile)
- PUC Valparaíso (Chile)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Colombia)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Colombia)
- University of Florida (United States of America)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México – ITAM (Mexico)
- ITES Monterrey (Mexico)
- Universidad de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Mexico)
- Universidad de Guadalajara (Mexico)
- Universidad del Pacífico (Peru)
- PUC de Perú (Peru)
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (Peru)
- Universidad Metropolitana de Caracas (Venezuela)